Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Holiday Gift Guide For The 5 And Under Crowd

It is starting to feel a little festive in our household and I have started to do a little holiday shopping and even signed up for a baking exchange. I am totally one of those people who avoids doing major mall shopping during the month of December and instead I take to the Internet and search and google my way to the perfect present.

To help kick off the upcoming holiday season here are some gift ideas from me to you for the little ones on your list.

For that squishy newborn in your life that you just want to spoil gift them a little luxury would be much adored and keep those little baby feet toasty warm. These faux shearling baby booties are from Egg Baby and you can get them at Purl Mama & Baby too.
Hosted by imgur.com

This delicious breakfast may be wooden but it is perfect choice for your 3 + year old. I really appreciate wooden toys and the fact that they are usually pretty simple and basic. I think this would also make a great training set for your child until they are old enough to make you the real breakfast in bed. Check it out on line at Dandelion Kids.
Hosted by imgur.com

My friend Heidi suggested this fun multipurpose toy from Bilibo that is a hit with the 2.5-5 year old crowd. You can buy it on line at Chapters here. I love toys that don't just have one function and encourage imagination. Plus this pick won't break the bank.
Hosted by imgur.com

How about this bright dish set from Emily Green for that 6 month old who has just started in the adventures of solid foods. I like the fun pictures and the fact that they are durable. You can buy it a Crocodile Baby. It is the thoughtful part of gift giving that makes me happy and thinking ahead to your friends baby's next milestone is one way of picking a great gift.
Hosted by imgur.com

My last pick is the Melissa and Doug Deluxe Ice cream Parlour kit for the fun food play. I could see me niece and nephew having endless fun with this set and playing make believe market together. Who is up for a strawberry ice cream or how about a scoop of chocolate to go with it? Go to Amazon to order your parlour set.
Hosted by imgur.com

3 comments:

Erin said...

We have the ice cream parlour. It is a huge hit. Just bought the Melissa and Doug grill set- kabobs and all. And a cash register! Our boys are going to love running their own little restaurant!

November 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Linda said...

Those booties are on my mind! They look perfect for a tiny baby girl that I know. Thanks mama!

November 22, 2009 at 6:34 AM  
Sister Sarah said...

I just ordered a whack of books and cd's for my kids from Amazon.ca. Free shipping over orders of $39 and it was delivered in five days to my doorstep. me loves that:)

November 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails