Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

..and we are back to regular scheduled blogging

I am happy to be home! Home from Maui and home from the trip to pick up my boy post Maui. It was a wonderful feeling to finally get my smooches onto my babes cheeks and give him a big squeeze and have him squeeze me back. It was a total of 13 nights that I was away from him and after hour 5 it felt like no time had gone by. You get right back into the swing of things and life moves forward.

Going away to Maui with just my husband was a really wonderful vacation and I wouldn't change anything about it. I lounged by the pool and walked along the beach. Did a few adventures that were out of my comfort zone and felt a lot of peace too. We had people congratulate us, and give high fives to my husband, when they found out we were on a couples vacation versus the family vacation. Of course a lot of our conversation over the 10 days away was about our son and our family and we wouldn't have it any other way!

Now we are back home and after a few more days I head back to the hospital and will be working full time. I am excited about being around pregnancy and birth again. Not at all looking forward to night shifts but I am pretty sure I have been on a variation of night shifts since Ben came into our family.

3 comments:

Bal said...

Maybe being around pregnancy and birth again...Ben might get a baby sis or brother sooner than later:))))))
Good luck Wednesday Andrea!!!

September 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Guest said...

I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday. Hope it's a nice easy transition back to work.
Lesley

September 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM  
Andrea Firmani said...

Thank you ladies! Nice to have the support from you :)

September 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails