Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Product Placement Wednesdays

Last week Product Wednesday was about hair products and I am going to go with the hair trend this week too! My product is the Mason Pearson hairbrush. First off I need to tell you that this is no ordinary hair brush and you won't find it at the local drugstore around the corner. It is considered a sort of 'speciality' hair brush and it is a true investment. This brush is something you can literally have for decades. I was given a Mason Pearson brush on a past birthday from my husband and I have loved it from day one. Something about the boar and nylon bristles seriously leaves your hair static free and shiny as ever.

The Mason Pearson website says that the, 'hairbrush cleans the hair, stimulates the scalp increasing the blood flow to the roots. A natural conditioning oil -sebum- comes from a gland at the base of every hair; brushing spreads it along the length of the hair giving it strength, suppleness and producing a healthy sheen'. I totally agree with that! I can't talk enough about how it gives your hair a glossy shiny.


Now this is an old school product and has been around since the 1920's. Maybe your grandmother had one? You can buy it on line at www.drugstore.com, www.folica.com and a few top hair salons will also carry it. Now, I know you might be thinking something along the lines of, 'holy crap that is an expensive hairbrush!' It is but it will outlast and outshine the 12 hairbrushes you buy over time and in the meantime you will have glorious silky hair.

1 comments:

Janine in the Valley said...

I have had a heck of a time trying to find a really good paddle brush. I haven't heard of this one but that makes sense because I am only checking out the beauty section of Target or Walmart. I have to say that I never really thought of looking elsewhere. It is a heavy price but I understand the investment part. But what would be something just as good but cheaper?

July 29, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails