Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Paging Dr. Google: Worry is Waiting

For the last 30 years I have worried about something. Well, maybe not as a tiny child but my parents might tell you otherwise. I have spent hours and hours worrying in my life. Sometimes this trait is kindly referred to as a worry wart. Which actually just sounds kind of gross and possibly another thing to worry about. I usually worry about health related stuff and not too much about other things but I have been known to 'pre worry' about upcoming things even like going on a vacation. Vacations are suppose to be fun and relaxing but I could come up with something to worry about. Like the fact you may come to a fiery horrible death in your Fiat 500 car as you tour around Florence with your husband and your unborn child within.



The other day I went to my doctor because I was worried about a mole on my arm. I had obsessed over it for awhile and drove my husband nuts getting him to stare at it. Did it look different? Was it moving? I kid! It didn't move but it looked sort of funny. Of course I went to my good friend Dr. Google and looked up all about moles and I came to the educated conclusion that it was deadly and that this was 'it'. I felt sick and let my imagination go on and on about all the possible consequences of having a terminal mole. So, I go to the real doc, not to be confused with Dr. Google, and he takes a look and smiles and tell me it is 100% benign. Carry on dear mama it is okay. Of course I walked out like I knew that would be the answer. Maybe I did but I had already worried about the possible other conclusions. This is how I have lived my life so far.

Why do I do this to myself? I know it drives my husband nuts and it can't be good for you. You would think that I would realize that letting myself go on and on with worry has never helped me cope with anything in real life. It has never prepared me with any of life's up or downs or at times when bad things have actually happened.

So, now I am worried that you won't see the cool give away underneath this post hehe. Don't forget you can be a Grandma, Auntie, Friend, Sister to win the baby blanket. Don't be afraid to enter in the comment section of the last post. You could be that cool person with a stock pile of neat gifts in your 'gift closet'. You wouldn't have to worry if you needed a present at the drop of a hat!

Go on and enter! Contest ends Friday morning at 0800.

7 comments:

Auntie Glyn said...

Great entry sister- real fun and interesting to read!

July 9, 2009 at 9:40 PM  
Auntie Sarah said...

Ummm, I think we share the genetic worry wart trait. Passed on from generations of Hannafords and Hunters!

July 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM  
Denise said...

great blog , keep it up !

-Denise

July 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM  
mama duck said...

hear hear, mama. (is that how you spell that? or is it here here?) either way, you are preaching to the choir, sista! we all have our worries... some greater and way more monumental than others. i have evaded a brain tumor for the week. we'll see what the other tests will show! :)

July 10, 2009 at 12:24 AM  
Mama in the City said...

awe mama duck! I think when it comes down to it health and family are the two main staples that keep us really going and as RN's we know how fleeting good health can be...so we tend to worry?! I know as a Mum I have new different worries than before Ben arrived. How is your 'brain tumor' and what did it really turn out to be?

July 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Maria said...

LOL mama in the city you are a funny writer. keep up these posts that are semi serious but really a good laugh.

- Maria

July 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Thanks Maria. I really have been enjoying doing some creative writing and of course giving my thoughts on things :)

July 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails