Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Short on space: the baby tunnel!



With all of the treats and adventures associated with activities right at your 'door' step will come a few cons. The main downside of apartment living with your baby is storage space for all of the things that babies seem to collect. Eventually your baby outgrows their stuff and you need to figure out what to do with all of it.

If I had a nice big basement or a garage I would promptly box these items up and store them. In case a #2 came by , or you had a baby, something like that. So far we have been quite minimal with the baby items and for the longest time we didn't even have a proper nursery for Ben. Basically his bedroom was the whole apartment and if you every visited us you would probably agree. However, now my baby is even busier and wants to be entertained and play with things; so we had to go and get a few items.



This is our cheapest and one of our top picks so far. The Ikea baby tunnel (just like they use on dog agility courses) for $29.99. A girlfriend mentioned this to me years before I had an apartment baby. It is perfect. The baby loves crawling in and out and rolling around and hiding from his mama...and we love it because you can fold it and put it anywhere discreetly.

So all you fellow apartment mamas what do you do with all your extra baby stuff?

3 comments:

aussiechic said...

Nice!!! I like this and completely understand the issues with stuff that we have and not really used and now we have to store it or get rid of it.....I know my little vegemite who is 8 months old would love this!!!! Thanks for posting this!!

June 15, 2009 at 7:00 AM  
Andrea said...

You are welcome! I love that you call your baby your 'little vegemite'. Love it!

June 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM  
Jill said...

We have this tunnel! I think the cat is digging it more than the kid right now, but I have high hopes that one day he'll pretend it's a black hole or a secret passageway to a cool castle or something even more imaginative :)

June 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails