Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Breastfeeding and Social Media

I've just started a new gig and I'm doing a side of teaching with RN students who went back to school to specialize in perinatal nursing. I've only done one week with them but so far it's a great experience for me. I come from a family of teachers and I'm trusting my instinct with how I teach fellow nurses in an area that I feel passionate about. I want them to feel really empowered about becoming a maternity nurse and I want their patients to benefit from them. For me, changing things up in any part of life helps to reenergize me. I've been a RN for over 10 years now and have always done bedside nursing, so this change is definitely warranted.



We are doing a lot of talking about breastfeeding, because I really want them to feel prepared to help support new mothers. Trying to be current with my style of teaching I've asked them to find a website/blog/Facebook page that helps to promote and support breastfeeding via social media. I knew a couple of sites that came to mind right away, but I'm curious to see what they come up with. I've got Kelly Mom and The Leaky Boob as a couple of websites that stand out for me with respect to supporting breastfeeding moms. I often tell parents to check out Dr. Jack Newman's website if they are feeling flustered at 3 AM and their baby just won't latch. He's posted up a bunch of really fab videos.

I'm curious what you might recommend? Is there an awesome blog you follow that talks about normal term breastfeeding or a website that you think is essential? Hit me up in the comment section and let me know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails