Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Traveling With My Kids

I'm away in Victoria with the kids right now and have done this trip many times over the years. Back in my single days I used to fly out of downtown on the float plane and jet from one harbour to the next in about 30 minutes. Usually I'd be coming off of a night shift and I'd catch a couple hours of sleep and then head to the island to see my family. Oh, times have changed. It is different now but it's still good and enjoyable.

Now with my two kids in tow (and sometimes even a dog!) I have the rhythm of this trip totally down. From the snacks and entertainment that I pack, to the group bathroom trips on the ferry boat (sometimes while wearing Josie!), I make it work. While it is not as luxurious or as simple as it was pre-kids, I still have fun at the same time.

Today, as we got to the ferry terminal both of my kids fell fast asleep in the car and I have a strong rule of not waking sleeping kids. So, out the window went my great aspirations of going to the little market and grabbing a good latte and getting the kids lunch while we waited for the ferry. C'est la vie.



Scooby Doo in the car/Lounging in grandma's backyard/Time for some slip n' slide fun




2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh yay for your Victoria trip! You sound like a seasoned pro at this now! ; ) Love little Josie in her bathing suit and sun hat! How cute!

June 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM  
Solomama said...

I love Victoria! My best friend who just had a baby (on her bed at home accidentally!!!!) is moving back home to Vic..makes me want to die. I could, and would move there in a heartbeat if the math pre-reqs for the nursing weren't twice as much as here!

June 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails