Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

5 Weekend Wishes

Tonight I have the nanny booked and my husband and I are dashing out together to go have some fun. Dating in marriage is vital in keeping things fresh and interesting, and it's also something that easily falls to the side when the day to day keeps grinding by. It's been a little while since our last big date. We're going back to L'Abbatoir in Gastown for dinner (I visited there for my last birthday and really loved their cocktails) and I'm really excited about our evening out and all of the deliciousness.

Ben's preschool has a day off today and I'm excited for the easy relaxed morning at home lingering instead of rushing around. Side note, why do my children both like to wake up so early? 4:30-5 AM is Josie's new 'let's get up and go' routine and I'm already over it. My kids most certainly don't get this early to rise trait from me.

This weekend I have a massage appointment that I booked at least a month ago and am so happy that I did. Pushing around all the heavy equipment at the hospital really starts to strain your body and relief is needed and so is the 1 hour of laying still. I think that is what I crave the most.

I'm hoping the rain slows down and we have a sunny weekend. I need a coffee walk in the sun with my family in a bad way. The soggy raincoats and boots are starting to get old and so is all the indoor time spent in the apartment. Plus sunny Spring days in Vancouver make it all worth it.

The end of my weekend is always capped off by watching Game of Thrones while lazing on the couch. Last weeks episode was quite gruesome but overall I've been sucked into their worlds.






Between all of these lovely parts there is still one lone shift to do at the hospital. Have a great weekend!





3 comments:

Katie said...

That is my idea of a great weekend!! Enjoy

April 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM  
Emily said...

That sounds awesome! I'm headed to Abbotsford to hang out with my Grandma and the Monday going to Vancouver to see some friends, and my aunt, and a concert! I'm extra excited to leave Calgary and the SNOW and -10 weather. This is just what everyone needs - SPRING!

April 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM  
Kristin said...

Sounds great! LOVE the date part the most. Note to self: make a date night and massage happen! Thanks for the reminder! Here's hoping there is sun!

April 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails