Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Hawaiian Dancing

At every birth that I've ever been at there is always someone that says, 'awe, he looks just like dad'. Once in a blue moon that comment will be that the baby looks just like mummy but more times than not its the happy dad. Than as the baby grows and grows it seems that we all love to compare what feature of baby's are just like that of a certain parent. The comparison game doesn't stop after babyhood, at least not with us.



When we were in Hawaii we went to a luau together and beforehand told Ben a bit of what to expect. There would be music and dancing and lots of delicious food. He was sold and so excited to go. Right upon arrival he asked if he could start dancing. So, we found a patch of green green grass and let him do his thing to the music playing. He kept asking me when the dancing on stage would start and found a spot right next to the stage to watch and keep dancing from.









When it came time for them to ask if there were any children that wanted to volunteer, my boy had his arm up right away. Pick me! This enthusiasm for dancing in front of a crowd does not come from me. I know that for sure. The fact that he truly gave it during the stage dancing must be a gift from my husbands side.




I seriously enjoyed this gorgeous sunset with my two.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like an AMAZING trip - with memories to cherish until next time and beyond!

October 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM  
Lori Hudson said...

So envious right now. I could use some sunshine on my skin and a drink in my hand ;)

November 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails