Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

My Perfect Fall Shoe

Last week I found my perfect Fall flat while walking the mall downtown. I had set out for a few new back to school clothes for Mr. Ben but ended up at Nine West admiring their new shoe arrivals. Within about 3 minutes of walking into the shop I was buying a new pair of shoes and telling the store clerk to keep the box.

For quite some time now I've been ready to throw out all of the ill fitting pinchy flats that are taking up real estate in my already smallish closet. How many times have I been in a shoe discount store and traded in comfort for price? Oh, so many times it really hurts. The shoes end up causing blisters and I add them to the pile of other shoes that I hate to wear. That was the case until last week when I dropped about $100 on a pair of basic black leather flat shoes and I have no regrets.

The moment I slipped them on they felt like butter and I knew I had to buy them. I almost got really ridiculous and loosely toyed with the idea of splurging on the other two colours they had in that collection (red and light brown to be exact). I decided to tough it out and wait to see how the black kicks worked out. Really brave of me.


The black ones came home with me while the red ones stayed in the store (for now).

With a pair of dark denim jeans and my new sleek 'walk around the city shoes' I'm totally ready for Fall. Bring on the pumpkin spice lattes! How is your September going so far?

3 comments:

oh, i can just see you know! awesome! dark denim, new shoes, latte. sounds like fall to me!

September 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM  
Michelle @ Home With Mama said...

I've done that too many times as well. Bought multiple pairs of shoes because there was a BOGO sale and came home with two (or four) pairs of shoes that are ill fitting. I wear them and my feet ache and bleed and I curse myself. I'm totally into spending money on foot ware. It is worth it.

September 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM  
Amanda said...

Okay, now you've gone and made we want the red ones, too!

September 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails