Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

My Mama Love List

I've said it before, and I'm sure it will be a constant theme for the next while, but I'm really loving being a mama the second time around! There are definitely day to day challenges that pop up and moments that I do not adore, but overall this sweet newborn is making my heart burst. Maybe it's the oxytocin that is constantly being released from all the breastfeeding going on over here, but there are bursts of love happening on a regular basis.


What's that? I'm listening!

My Love List

I love patting her little bottom for no reason other than to feel how it fits right into the palm of my hand.

I love that Ben goes up to other mothers in the grocery store and begs them to come and check out his baby. Incidentally, I love how every single woman has responded with excitement.

I love how Ben and I sing our made up love song to Josie and, even more, I love how it has started to get a smile in response from her.

I love that strangers come up and comment on my baby and give me random baby advice. Yep, I love it. One day that advice will be sewn together for a hilarious blog post. When is advice from strangers ever not a little bit funny?

I love how having a new baby brings together family members, strengthens friendships and encourages new friendships to bloom.

13 comments:

kristin said...

and i love how this post takes me back to that yummy delicious feeling that you have just described.  love on my friend!  what a gorgeous photo of you both!  

February 14, 2012 at 10:40 PM  
swankmama said...

Love this picture!!  Josie is a gorgeous baby :)

February 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM  
Natalie K. said...

I can feel you bursting with love. How amazing and rewarding!

February 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM  
Jessica said...

Fab photo that captures all those oozy gooey baby love feelings perfectly

February 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

Thank you! I already feel like these tiny baby moments are fleeting. Especially after our recent cluster feeding night and subsequent growth spurt. They grow so fast...awe so cliche and so right on.

February 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM  
S65_fly said...

That photo needs to be published somewhere! Love how she is holding her hand to her ear like you are telling her a story. 

February 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM  

I loved the second baby too. There's something very comforting in knowing that we survived the first, so we can just relax and really enjoy the second. Precious photo.

February 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM  
Ashley said...

I cherished the little things more the second time around, and I think because I knew I'd managed to keep one baby alive I also relaxed - a lot.  I used to laugh at the advice too, I think the funniest I got was from my husband's (alcoholic) aunt - "If you mix rice cereal and beer in with their formula for the last feed before bed it really helps them sleep!  Something about that rice cereal keeps them full longer.  It totally worked for my kids."  We were out to dinner with them and I almost choked for real on my spaghettini. 

So happy you're getting to love it and that Ben is loving it too!

February 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM  
Carrie said...

Love this post and photo! Your kids are both adorable, love the story about Ben. What a proud big brother.

February 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM  
Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

What a beautiful photo!  I love those little arm rolls.  It's so sweet you sing to her. :) 

February 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM  
mitzi said...

i love her arm chubs too!

February 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM  
Janemmp said...

This is adorable! If you haven't heard of it, be sure to check out: www.thatbabylookscold.com :)

March 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM  
blue0116 said...

Louis Vuitton Pas Cher Damier Canvas Speedy est garni de cuir chocolat qui coule parfaitement avec la toile Damier. Il ya quelque chose au sujet de la toile Damier que j'aime-très simple, mais d'une manière différente. Le sac se ferme avec un top zip et possède un cadenas d'or. A l'intérieur vous trouverez doublure textile rouge avec une poche plaquée pour stocker quelques goodies.
ew

August 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails