Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

The Working Mama Misses Out

One of the troubles with being a working mama are those times when I miss out on sweet childhood moments, like getting dressed up in a costume for Halloween. Thankfully, I have a spouse who picks right up and makes the most out of the occasion. I'm sure that in the years to come I will have to work through Christmas or miss some other big moment. This type of work schedule is just' just part of being a nurse.

Last year I had to miss out on dressing Ben up in his Itsy Bitsy spider costume because of work, and this year it was the exact same thing. A 12 hour day shift got in the way of being able to do something sweet and special with my boy. Yesterday, I was working hard for my money (seriously, it's been busy busy busy!) and so I missed out on watching Ben get ready in his, personally requested, hamburger costume. I missed seeing his little face as he saw all the other neighbourhood children out and about in their own costumes.



Luckily for me, my husband took all the requested photos that I had carefully instructed him to take. Through all the photos I did get to see Ben's little face light up at the sight of other people dressed up and the candy he was allowed to bring home!




I just wish I was there to give my little hamburger a big nibble.





9 comments:

What a wonderful guy? He looking so cute and pretty. Don't miss it... 

November 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM  
Sandy Green said...

Your little hamburger is just so cute and how cool to go trick or treating downtown. Very nice!

November 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM  
Glynis said...

Next year you'll be on mat leave and able to to take out both your little Halloweeners!

November 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM  
Ashley said...
Kami said...

Hats off to you for making the sacrifice!  I appreciate that people like you do this and are there for those who need it when they need it:)

Ben's costume is the cutest ever!  I love that he especially requested it and kudos to you for finding/making it.

November 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM  
Kristin said...

Yay for awesome Daddys that make it possible for you to see how it all went down!  And yay to you for helping to bringing babies into this world.  Your wee hamburger is awesome!  

November 3, 2011 at 7:41 PM  
Amanda said...

What a nomable little hamburger you have there!

November 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM  
Kristen said...

That is a fabulous costume - did you or someone you know make it?  or, was it a special find somewhere?

November 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails