Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Mama in the City: 3rd Annual Holiday Gift Guide

It's that time of year again! It's my 3rd annual Holiday gift guide and I've found some good ideas! This year I'm shopping and browsing early and my closet is already stocked with hidden surprises that have yet to be wrapped. Actually, I've already run out of room and thought I was being quite savvy by stuffing boxes under the cabinet in my bathroom. Apparently, 3 year olds like to look in bathroom cabinets!

A very posh 7 year old I know will be getting this crafty kit and I'm secretly hoping to be able to do it with her. A girlfriend gave me rave reviews on it and was even using a little jar of lip balm for herself. Kiss Naturals Lip Balm Making Kit will be under our tree this year


Sometimes kids get a lot of 'stuff' over the Holidays and the clutter can be maddening for a parent. Especially for those parents without a playroom or a basement. My favourite holiday gift for the kid that either has absolutely everything or has limited space is a cozy set of pyjamas and a book picked out just for them! Pair it with this fun eco flashlight and you've put together a lovely pressie to put under the tree. I can already picture them snuggling in their bed and reading books under the covers with their new flashlight.


I've got a very imaginative boy and he really loves playing with creative toys and making up stories. When he was around 2 years old he loved playing with play food and he still does! This Green Toys sandwich shop and Pizza Parlour set are a great gift idea for encouraging creative play and they can even be washed up in the dishwasher.





Even though it would be mostly for the mama, I really love to celebrate a baby's first Christmas with a memento. I'm a fan of special ornaments to mark the occasion and a few were given to me back when Ben was a 4 month old babe on his first Christmas.
I really like this photo frame from Chapters on line shop. I think it can be something sweet to bring out each year as your baby grows up. A special memory!


If we had all the space in the world, Ben might find this Educo Creative Cookery kitchen under the tree at Christmas. I know that he would love it and would play with it regularly. Alas, with a baby coming we are tight on space and instead he gets to play in the real kitchen with his dad when it's time to cook!


Just to get you started here is a list of links to some of my favourite on line shops for holiday shopping for little ones.


Raspberry Kids


Chapters Indigo

DeSerres

Mastermind Toys


First Annual Holiday Gift Guide
Second Annual Holiday Gift Guide

6 comments:

Tarable said...

Love the flashlight idea! My kids would dig that!

November 25, 2011 at 3:29 PM  
Nadine_Waters said...

I love your holiday gift guides! Thanks for posting another one. This year I'm really trying hard to shop local and Canadian made. Any tips for that one?

November 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM  
Marianne said...

We have the sandwich set and the pizza set and my girls LOVE them both. I sort of dig the pizza set too! It's fun to play with ;)

November 25, 2011 at 4:46 PM  
Heidi Brunt said...

I've bought that same lip gloss kit and I give it rave reviews. It actually makes a natural product that you don't mind your kids using. Plus it is fun to make with them. Good list!

November 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM  
Jill Bell said...

I have been eyeing the lip gloss (and their DIY perfume as well) for ages! I think it might end up being a birthday gift in March. So good to hear positive reviews on it! 

November 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM  
heckofamom said...

I bought Hector that kitchen when he was 18 months and he still plays with it. It's the perfect size for apartment living. doesn't take much space at all actually!

November 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails