Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

I am a huge pre planner but will admit that I've gotten a bit lethargic in my overall follow through of planning these last few months. I used to be an amazing pre planner, the best of the best, but then I became a mother. I was still doing pretty good at getting packages in the post and remembering to send out cards on time, but things have become a bit critical in the last few months.

My most recent example is the birthday gift I put together for a little 4 year old a month before her birthday. I was so impressed with myself for being so organized and timely! I was feeling like my old self! But the birthday passed and the present was still sitting in a shopping bag in my closet. Weeks later, my next attempt was to wrap it up and put it somewhere visually obvious so I'd remember to take it to the post office. Two more weeks go by and it is officially been a month since her 4th birthday. Apparently, I've got good intentions but it's been coupled with some lazy execution.

So, I decided I needed to get serious and pull up my fuzzy Winter socks and get organized for the Holidays. Yes, don't worry I know it's only the middle of November but I'm 'in the family way' and you never know when babies will come early and throw you for a loop. So, I really need to get focused and track down my old self.

Last night I spent an hour doing some on line shopping from the comforts of my living room. I checked off Ben and my niece and nephew and now I just have to wait for the big package to be sent my way. Wrapping and ribboning is no problem! I think this year I'll attempt to do most of my Christmas shopping on line.

When I was at the Circle Craft Christmas Market last week I was able to buy some locally made goods for my Floridian mother in law and put together a really nice Christmas package for her. I have great intentions to ship it off early before the big postal rush delays all packages. Let's see how I do this time around, I'll keep you posted!

Hosted by imgur.com
Annual Sisters Get Together, circa 2009. This years plans are already in the works!

2 comments:

Jenny Lutes said...

I agree - on-line shopping is the way to go. (Well that and picking up items as we see them. I've found random goodies for Ava over the last month when not intentionally looking.) I'm almost done my Christmas shopping...I won't wrap the gifts until we have a tree to put them under though. I will wait until December to start doing Christmas things. I have to keep repeating this to myself.

November 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM  
Maryanne_Schmidt said...

Well, think of it this way...at least you started off being really good. If you were a terrible planner and then widdled down even further...no one would be getting birthday cards or Christmas presents!

November 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails