Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Weekend Getaway: Just Ben and Mum

Ben and I are currently on a quick little getaway to Vancouver Island to visit my family for a weekend of birthday celebrations. We hoped into the car and wouldn't you know it, the boy who has been waking up super early had a wee little car nap the moment we started cruising.





I used to love going up and into the boat. You know, sitting up there with everyone else and lining up with every single person to get a snack, but after 101 ferry rides that got a little old. So, we stayed below deck and I played some Curious George on my lap top in the comfort of the front seat of the car. Occasionally, I still go up but the overall novelty has worn off and I'm tired of combating the parentless children playing in the children's section.





One of the things that I love to do when we get to Victoria is to hit up Crumsby's Cupcake Cafe in Estevan Village. We go almost every single visit to Victoria and it's a must go to spot if you have children and enjoy a good cup of coffee. Of course, the trio of cousins enjoyed a special tea party while I sipped a cup of coffee!


A lemon chiffon cupcake for this boy!




Just before our arrival it was my mum's birthday, so today we handed off the kids and my sis and I took our mum out for lunch at the infamous Pagliacci's. We followed that up by a bit of shopping in the downtown area and coffee at Murchies. There is more fun to come before we head off on the ferry boat tomorrow afternoon. We've got a special boys 4th birthday party to get to!

2 comments:

Lisa S. said...

My in laws live on the island.  So we go quite often to the island and I agree 100% the parentless kids in the kid area drive me crazy.  I have lost count the number of times I have had to bring out my teacher voice.  We just went to the island two weeks ago and we did not go to the kid area at all.
Sounds like a great time on the island.

October 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM  
Kristen said...

Pagliacci's how I've missed you!  Glad that you had a good weekend with your family!

October 7, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails