Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

They Call Me Mrs. Grumpypants!

Our home has been invaded by a miserable case of the contagious grumps. It started off when my husband contracted a man cold and it progressed to Ben just being a normal 3 year old. After battling the boys grumps and airing out the apartment, I thought it was over. Unfortunately, the grumps spread to me.

People! Stand back!



I am going to blame my case of grumps on the amazing fluctuating hormones of pregnancy. I woke up feeling just fine and had a sweet cuddle in bed with Ben, but after that sweetness the whole day deteriorated into a stream of toddler antics with an emotional mama with a short fuse.

I forewarned my husband, who by the way has fully recovered from his man cold, to stay far far away from the apartment. I was really looking out for him. I think it is better to be honest with your moodiness than to just ignore it (or even blame it on someone else, which I've done before).

The hard part is, everything and anything annoyed me today. That kind of painful annoyance that feels like stepping on a Lego with your bare feet when you are especially tired.

The rain annoyed me.

The messy apartment annoyed me (seriously, did I not just clean it?).

Running out of dish washing cleaner annoyed me.

The over abundance of 'stuff' sitting out in the apartment annoyed me.

The dental hygienist calling me with a reminder annoyed me.

Running out of my favourite Kiel's shampoo annoyed me.

See what I mean? Seriously! I need to shake this mood! Let's hope tomorrow the scrub pants I'll be wearing will replace my current grumpy pant attire. Somethings got to give.

6 comments:

harrietglynn said...

OMG I hear ya! I'm like that quite a lot. I hate it when I look around and all I see id SH*T everywhere and all my thoughts are angry and bleak. A good night's sleep sure helps! Here's to a "sunnier" day tommorow!

September 22, 2011 at 9:09 PM  
Lisa S. said...

That happened to me last weekend.  I blame it on PMS.  I find it hits me a lot harder since I had kids.  Hope today is a better day.

September 23, 2011 at 6:23 AM  

I get this too. Usually when my hair is frizzy beyond all control. It's not a pleasant feeling. Hope you're feeling happier today.

September 23, 2011 at 10:41 AM  
Ashley said...

I hate those kind of days!  Hopefully today was less grumpy!

September 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM  
Tarable said...

Ugh, those days are hard ones.  I get like that every so often too and nothing seems to help yet everything makes it worse.  All you want is out of it but somehow you feel trapped, swirling around in your own grump! 

Hope by now you're on the up and up and feeling much improved.

September 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM  
Jenny said...

I understand completely....

September 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails