Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

I'm into my 16th week of pregnancy and I think the fog may have lifted and that second trimester honeymoon I heard about might officially be here! I've started to have a few spurts of energy and have found myself deep cleaning the carpets and, get this, actually getting dressed on my days off (and not into lounge clothes). Fancy that! Of course, after doing any type of big activity I'm usually in bad need of laying on the couch for a bit.

The constant nausea that saw me through weeks 5-15 seems have moved on to only occasional bouts. I think the only first trimester whoa that still fills my days is the extreme tiredness, but I'm assuming that's a normal feeling with working and having a toddler at home and growing a baby. If left to my own devices I'd sleep in each morning, then have a hearty afternoon nap, and finish off by sleeping right through the night.

This morning I took advantage of feeling so well and we decided to head out for breakfast. I was dressed and ready to head out by 9 AM, which is rather refreshing. We walked to a little cafe just up the block in Yaletown and munched on pancakes and eggs. The morning was glowing and sun filled and Ben and I headed down to the water to throw rocks and watch the splash. I swear, that boy could sit there all day long doing that.

My productivity only got better and I battled the paper shredded at home and went through a ridiculously large stash of old papers. I was patting myself on the back when I finished up by toting the big bag of shreds right down to the recycling area (you know, instead of letting it sit for another few months).

All I can say is, bring it on! I'm loving this burst of energy, AKA 'the second trimester honeymoon'. Of course I still had my afternoon nap while Ben had his, and an early night is in the books for me too.



5 comments:

Amy M. said...

Yeah for that! Sounds like you endured a hard first trimester. BLECH!! Every pregnancy is different, that is for sure. Hope you get some nice moments...in between naps!

August 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM  
Ashley said...

That's such a refreshing feeling after feeling so yucky!

August 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM  
Angella said...

Hooray for feeling better! I was never as sick as you, but nauseous enough to feel miserable. Once the fog lifts, life is so much better again! :)

August 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM  
Swank Mama said...

Congrats mama!!  Glad you're feeling better now... :)

August 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM  
Glyniscawdell said...

Glad you are feelin better sis! I am looking forward to seeing your boy on Wednesday.

August 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails