Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Letter For You

Dear Sweet Ones,

I'm sorry I've been out of touch this past week. I have the usual 'I've been busy' excuse that seems to go around. Maybe a little lack of time with a mix of lack of inspiration too. I've mostly been flipping between work and being at home. Nothing too exciting to report to you. I've even neglected visiting my usual blogs that I read. Must make time to catch up with all of you!

Today my mother in law came from Florida for a week long visit. We only see her about once a year but Ben's little face lit right up when he saw her at the airport. He also adored the big Curious George stuffie that she brought with her on the plane. It's nestled in his crib alongside him right this very minute while he has his afternoon nap. It was rather cute when he got the connection that this was his daddy's mama. We've been hearing, 'Daddy! Your mama is coming! YOUR mama!' over and over and it doesn't get old. It's so cute when little children get family connections like that.

I've treated myself to a few little luxuries this week as I'm celebrating 'self care' mode. Which just means that I get myself treats and don't feel an ounce of guilt. Take a peek at my treats!


I love a good bath and this scent is so fresh and delicious. I've recently been on a Summer fruit binge and these bubbles by Philosophy are the perfect fit. Don't fret, I won't be eating them just bathing in them!



The Help by Kathryn Stockett has quickly become a novel I can't put down. I've even given up the chance of an afternoon nap and have chosen to get lost in the pages of this book. One of the doctors I work recommended it to me and now I'm highly recommending it to you!





I was recently looking for a shower wash when I found this little luxury over at Lush. It also works amazingly well as a shaving gel and the scent is a perfect mix of soft coconut and fresh almond with a bit of vanilla. A lightly sweet mix that has become a current favourite for me. Bring on the bathing!




Right now I'm on a short vacay from work and am I ever so happy, as it was much needed for sure. Heck, we all deserve some time off from routine every once in awhile! I've got a few Summer plans up my sleeve and can't wait to post more as my vacation ticks on.

Love,
Mama in the City

PS. Let me know how you all are holding up?

6 comments:

Naomi @ Mom's WORLD said...

I love a good treat day! Splurge and indulge!

July 23, 2011 at 8:13 AM  
Amy C. said...

Cute post! Glad to see you are back and can't wait to hear more about your vacation away. Is it.... Hawaii again? Do tell!

July 23, 2011 at 8:51 AM  
Jill said...

Absolutely LOVED The Help! We read it at book club and had such great discussion over it. Can't wait for the movie.  Now I'm dying for a soak in the tub after thinking about the smells of those two soap/washes. Mmmmm!!

July 23, 2011 at 7:58 PM  
Amanda said...

Haha, that is so cute how excited he is to have made the connection about Daddy's Mama.  I try to explain that to Lilah, but she just goes, "No, MY Grandma, Papa!!!"  Possessive, much?

I've been wanting to read The Help and see what all the hype is about.  Good to know it gets your recommendation!

July 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM  
Kim said...

I loved 'The Help'! Such a great read.

July 26, 2011 at 4:04 PM  
Tarable said...

I am starting "The Help" tonight. I need to hurry and read it before the movie comes out because, well, I have a thing about that.

And that bottle of papaya bubbles totally speaks to me...

July 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails