Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

In The Year 2000

The other day my old school phone died a satisfying death after being dropped too frequently on the floor. My husband went out and picked up an iPhone for me, because he is sweet like that. Who knew I was so old school by toting around my ultra sleek Motorola flip phone for the last 2.5 years. I only found out about all the friendly snickering once I announced to my peeps that I had gotten a new iPhone to replace the old flip phone. You'd have thought I was carrying around a true relic with all the jabs that I got.


Where's my battery pack and handy shoulder strap?


Now the joke is on you people. Prepare for iPhone photo overload and, if you know me in real life, watch out because I'm getting super awesome at texting. However, I have not quite yet made friends with auto correct and recently texted my husband about getting our old dog into some 'dog fighting' vs. the intended 'dog sitting'. Oops!



Yippee! My mum is part of the cool crowd!



This boy can't escape the coolness of my new smart phone. How did I exist before?

12 comments:

Lulumum Lulu said...

I got my iphone last night!!!! I even found a blogging app :)

April 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

I love my iphone. It is handy dandy in so many ways.

April 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM  
Ashley said...

Amen! I used to be all, "iPhone, pft! Blackberries rock!" And then I bought an iPhone, now I'm like - "Dude, your Blackberry sucks! Look what my iPhone can do!"

Glad you have a great and fabulous new toy!

April 20, 2011 at 4:54 PM  
Jill Bell said...

I got an iPhone for Christmas! I too had a relic THREE year old flip phone. I had no idea that I was so uncool or what I was missing. Now my phone is glued to my hand. ;)

April 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Krista said...

Loving that last photo of Ben. What a perfect, sweet little face!

April 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM  
Kristin said...

Oh, I am so excited for you. And I am SOOOO NOT cool! I have resisted the upgrade to my FIVE year old dinosaur flip phone for years now! It doesn't even have a camera and barely texts! Ah! I am SOOO tempted to get an iPhone but knowing me, it would be like having my laptop and camera attached to me and I'd be in BIG trouble! One day though...I just have to wait for my dinosaur to die off. No phone beats the durability of this old thing that I've got!
Looking forward to more Ben photos!

April 20, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

Haha that is good Kristin! You have me beat I think. I was doing just fine with my old school flip phone. I managed to crank out a text or two, sure it took me five minutes to write a few words but I was getting so much better!!

April 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM  

He had already woken up, and I brought him out and put him on the couch and he settled back into sleeping. He slept 1.5 hours on the couch and then woke up and was like, 'waaa! why am I on the couch?' hehe.

April 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM  

3 years! You have me beat! Glad to meet an old timer like myself ;)

April 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Ooh what is the big difference between the two? I sort of thought they were quite the same. I am obviously wrong!

April 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Welcome to the tribe! Ben is already loving it as much as me :P

April 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails