Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Weekend In The City: Family Style

Things have been quite busy in our household lately. Between getting over being sick with a cold, and two work schedules, plus get togethers with friends, we haven't spent too much quality time together. It was rather nice this past weekend when the sun was shining and we were able to take the day off and wander around the city together.








We ventured out for a walk along the seawall towards the Olympic Village. Of course we had to check out every single park that was along the way. My husband is so much more patient than me when it comes to playing at the park. He would stay there with Ben as long as he could, but I find myself getting distracted and wanting to keep on moving.




Do any Vancourites know what local spot Ben was perching at in these photos? He had a good giggle climbing up to the lap of these wooden tree carvings.




8 comments:

Gwen said...

When we bike along the seawall we always stop at science world as well. We don't generally spend much time at the wood carvings, but we do spend a lot of time in the maze. My boys like all the different worlds around the outside as well.

March 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM  
Kristin said...

Before we had kids, we lived in the neighbourhood and used to take our dog to Cooper's Park. Back then we only passed by the park under the Cambie St. bridge....with no kids to play with yet. I can only imagine how much more we would explore if we were still there now. Great carvings! How fun!

March 7, 2011 at 1:18 PM  
Marie Hankley said...

Oh I love it! Great photos of your day in the city. I am envious!

March 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM  
Sister Sarah said...

Aww...my sweet little nephew is so adorable! Auntie wants a photo of the one of him sitting and smiling in the wooden carving please:)

March 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM  
Dana said...

I stumbled across your blog, and have quickly become a huge fan! Love the photos, looks like a great day in the city!

March 8, 2011 at 3:43 PM  
Grandpa said...

Love the pictures- still I suppose grandparents are allowed to be a little biased !

March 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous said...

So cute! He's adorable :)

March 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM  
Megan said...

I found your blog from Kelle Hampton...

Great pictures; looks like it was a fun day!
And I love Ben's coat!

March 12, 2011 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails