Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

The Itsy Bitsy Spider Went Out For Halloween

Apartment babies don't go door to door in their high rise buildings on Halloween. They go out along the seawall, walking around the main strip, getting treats from all the local shops. Today I had to work and had to skip out on getting Ben dressed up in his little Halloween costume. Even city boys like to trick or treat! I did miss the simplicity of taking Ben out and enjoying fun childhood moments together. However, my husband did a fantastic job at getting Ben dressed up as the Itsy Bitsy Spider and, of course, capturing sweet moments for me to enjoy post shift. He shared anecdotes with me about all of the cuteness that Ben was as a spider, and how Ben got the hang of getting treats.







In the delight of all the festivities, Ben learned a new word thanks to the world of candy. 'La la pop' is one of his favourites items amongst all the treats.








The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Up came the sun and dried up all the rain,
and the itsy bitsy Spider went up the spout again.



At the end of the day, our little spider was tired and had enjoyed his special outing with dad. Apparently when dad does Halloween part of the fun is letting Ben pilfer through his loot and taste whatever he wanted. Of course he wanted to taste all the la-la pops while sitting on my bed and I'm expecting to find some sticky fingerprints in the sheets!


Related Posts with Thumbnails