Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Vancouver Public Art Tour - Part 1

I started the morning without much of a plan for this Saturday while Andrea was at work. I was trying to think of some place to take Benji that would be fun and new and would make the most of the remaining Summer weather. A friend has shown me a few photos of the public art in the centre of the Olympic Village but I hadn't yet seen it in person; it was only a short walk past Science World around False Creek so we headed out bright and early.

During the walk there I kept getting Benj more and more exciting about the "really big birds" we were going to see. I'm sure he thought I meant something like Maplewood Farm or Granville Island where you can feed the ducks and geese. He seemed pretty shocked and excited when we finally found the birds we were looking for.

Here is the first stop in Benji's public art tour around Vancouver:









The two giant sculptural sparrows make up a work entitled "The Birds" by Myfanwy Macleod.

Related Posts with Thumbnails