Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Mama Reviews: Theatre Under The Stars

The other week I got an email from the marketing department of Vancouver's Theatre Under The Stars , and was lucky enough to receive 2 tickets to check out the show in Stanley Park. We went to last evenings performance of, 'Joesph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat'. I took my 10 year old niece, who is visiting me from Arizona, and we brought snacks and a blanket with big plans to enjoy the show.

Right away I was impressed with the overall organization of the performance and the venue was laid out so nicely. I caught myself thinking how Vancouver really has some pretty cool events going on, and I was so glad to be enjoying TUTS that evening. I gave an automatic thumbs up to the wine you could purchase and realized you could make it a whole evening by buying dinner too.

We both thought that the kids in the performance were top notch with their singing and dancing skills. I didn't know this musical that well and found myself wondering a little about the story line of the play. Who is in Egypt? Why are the referencing the bible? I wish I had read a little about the storyline before going to the play, so that I could have really understood the happenings going on. All of the musical numbers were well performed and catchy, I ended up recognizing a few of the numbers and caught myself humming along.

I am glad that I got the chance to go and check out the play and really loved the venue and the idea and history behind TUTS. I think that in future summers to come I'd be interested in heading back; what a gem the city has to showcase! My own mum told me that back in the day, around 1955, she went to TUTS with her parents. Dressed to the nines, her dad in a suit and she with her best dress on. It was, and still is, an occasion to experience!


Wearing our Dreamcoats with regal pride!

Related Posts with Thumbnails