Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

What's Under Your Christmas Tree?

Since becoming a parent I have really started to understand the magic and excitement that children experience this time of year. I see my boys eyes light up with the jingle of a bell or the shine of an ornament hanging on our Christmas tree. I've realized that the holiday season becomes so much more special when shared with children.

The one thing that I did not want to overdo while celebrating Christmas with Ben was the presents. Sure, I want him to have some nice presents to rip into but I totally get the fact that at the age of one, quantity means nothing. So, I chose quality and only a few of these items at the same time. I hope to continue this as my boy grows and have no plans to gift him with overly expensive and outrageous presents.

So, this year wrapped up under the tree waiting for Ben are a few eco friendly toys. A dump truck made out of recycled milk jugs by Green Toys will be ready for Ben to load up and vroom vroom around the room.

Hosted by imgur.com

He will also find this Ecotronic Eco Phone tied up with a colourful ribbon. This toy comes with minimal packaging and no excess box or ties. We won't be hunting for batteries either because it recharges when you shake it. Very cool idea and perfect for Ben.

Hosted by imgur.com

I am also having a fun time coming up with little presents for Ben's stocking. He might find some toddler spoons and other items that he actually needs but I'm sure he will think they are fun just the same. So, whats under YOUR Christmas tree this year? Are you going all out or being more thrifty and conservative this year?

4 comments:

Hailey said...

We are trying to spend less this holiday season and stretch the buck as far as we can. We are getting the kids lots of art supplies and one big toy each. Of course I got them a few DVD's and little things but I totally stuck to our budget.

December 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM  
Shannon Jensen said...

I can't help but spoil my kids. Not that I buy them anything totally ridiculous but I do get them to write a wish list and I buy stuff off of there. They usually unwrap their pressies at warp speed!! I buy stuff through out the year and so I get a lot of good deals and sales for stocking stuffers and smaller gifts.

December 17, 2009 at 3:24 PM  
Selena said...

Ooh! Ooh! This year I got my daughter her own Educo mini kitchen. SO much fun will be had and it is wooden and so well made. I am so excited for her to see it and I can hardly wait. I got it on sale and it was less than $100. Yeah!

http://www.babythoughts.ca/btapps/store/product_details.aspx?product_id=226

December 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM  
Erin said...

I don't have kids but I know I would spoil them over the holidays. How can you not? Warm fuzzy baby clothing, cool bright colored toys. It is a child's holiday for sure.

December 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails