Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

For The Love of Gorgeousbaby

I am a big fan of babywearing and if you have read this blog for the last while this is not news to you. We have multiple Gorgeousbaby slings in our house and Ben pretty much hung out in them for most of his infancy. I have nothing but good things to say about babywearing and about Gorgeousbaby slings.

The thing I really love about this company is that they are local and the business is owned by mom Christina Fast. I am all for supporting local business and businesses that are environmentally and socially responsible -- which Gorgeousbaby is all about! Did you know they send off their extra scraps of fabric so that they can be used for baby quilts for the special care nursery over at Children's Hospital?

Recently Gorgeousbaby had a booth at the Vancouver Baby & Family fair and were selling their fabulous slings. I had a few friends email me to tell me, 'I saw Ben on the packaging for Gorgeousbaby!!!!' It is true, our little babe is featured on their packaging and we are pretty proud of him. It is a photograph that my husband took when Ben was about 4 months old and still cried ALL THE TIME. He was having a peaceful moment of much needed sleep while I wore him in my sling in our last condo in Coal Harbour.

4 comments:

jamie said...

You should tell her about the christmas sale we are having!
maybe she will want to sign up as a vendor?
dec 12th and 13th at my location on 1268 Pacific Blvd.
deets on the website www.lilliq.com

i hope you can make it :)

October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM  
Gorgeousbaby said...

Thanks so much Andrea. :) I'm sorry I missed this as I've been redesigning our website and it's taken over my life (mon dieu!).

It was interesting at the Babyfair as quite a few of your friends recognized the photo of your little guy. You're lucky to have an amazing photographer as a life partner...I just think of all the amazing moments he's captured and those to come. Cherish them!

November 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM  
Kelly Grindrod said...

Saw your blog on the Gorgeousbaby twitter feed. We love our GorgeousBaby sling for our seawall walking, latte drinking Vancouver life too ;). My hubby picked out the disco dot pouch sling as 'his' sling and he wears it all over the place. He gets SO many comments on it when we're out including a young teenage guy last week who thought it was cool. It was pretty funny.

November 4, 2009 at 5:45 PM  
Gorgeousbaby said...

Thanks for sharing Kelly. I love to hear slingin' stories!

November 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails