Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

My Favorites

I have followed www.whoorl.com for about 2+ years now and have always enjoyed her posts, style and her love of lip gloss. She did a post recently on 'Favorites' and I am going to do the same. Here are some of my favorite things that make me smile.


This is my favorite picture of me and my son. Taken by my favorite photographer who just so happens to live with me.


ben's baby feet
a bright fragrant bouquet of garden flowers
blueberry pancakes for any meal of the day
staying the night in a fancy hotel with my honey
freshly pedicured feet
belly laughs from my baby
clean and tidy bedroom with fresh bed sheets
receiving cards and notes in the mail
eating BBQ hamburgers on my parents patio
bubble baths with a multitude of bath products


I will go with Whoorl tradition and ask you: if you had to pick ONE favorite thing right this very minute what would it be?

16 comments:

Janice said...

Sleeping in on the weekend!

July 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Mary said...

Birthday cake! Especially left over birthday cake!

July 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Bette said...

The perfect lip gloss that isn't sticky but has perfect shine and color and smells good too!

July 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Eve said...

A one hour deep tissue massage

July 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Guest said...
Momof2 said...

My favorite thing right this very second is this blog. Love it! So fresh and fun and makes me feel like I am getting out when I am really just stuck in the burbs being a mom of 2 and the day to day grind. So, yes right this very second it is Mama in the City but I also like someone's of a massage. mmmm yep!

July 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM  
A Merry Mishap said...
koo_and_poppet said...

Beautiful photo! and great blog :)
thank you for entering my giveaway!

July 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Mom to Jacob said...

Today my fav is an uninterrupted shower with a new container of body scrub. Smelled like key lime pie! Delicious.

July 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
Tennile said...

Favorite thing this moment: my husband went out and I have the house to myself.

July 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM  
Guest said...

My favorite thing right now is watching my 4 month old daughter belly laugh at my 21 month old daughter.
Love, Lesley

July 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Guest said...

Oh yeah, and watching Allison's terrible dance moves. She's got her daddy's rythm.

July 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Auntie Glyn said...

My favorite thing is being an Auntie and watching Ben, Soph and Gav grow and learn.

July 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM  
koo_and_poppet said...

i forgot to say my favorite thing:
right this minute it is the peanut butter ice cream dessert my husband just made!

July 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM  
Jessica said...

What a beautiful picture! I love it! :)

July 27, 2009 at 5:20 AM  
Jamie is a lady said...

Amazing picture and wonderful photography. I have been following your blog for awhile now. Love it. Favorite thing right this very moment is drinks with the girls after work. However, I see the post you just made and I do agree there is frivolous stuff and you are right about what matters most.

July 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails