Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Product Placement Wednesdays

When I was just a single gal I would hang out with girlfriends and their babies and try my slyest to pick up little baby tips and any motherhood insights for down the road. During one particular coffee date my girlfriend pulled out a baby Safe Feeder from her diaper bag. She filled up the mesh insert with pieces of fruit and handed it to her baby. The baby took it eagerly and smooshed the watermelon through the mesh with her little gummy mouth. I had never seen anything like this and watched as the baby safely ate fruit pieces on her own and kept busy while we chatted and sip coffee. Great idea!



This same girlfriend gave me a Safe Feeder as a shower gift and we have been using it since Ben was around 6 months old. Baby Ben has been known to safely chow down on the standard fare of fresh fruit but also; halibut and chips, pizza and frozen blueberries during teething. He digs it and I can sit back and slurp my latte knowing there will be no need for baby CPR if he wolfs down a piece of food too fast. Here he is at Granville Island chowing on some halibut and chips from 'Go Fish' hanging out in his Bjorn with his Dad.



Check back next Wednesday to see a new product that I love. Have something you can't live with you? Let me know and we can feature it here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea! oh my goodness what a great site you have here. i just happened to see your facebook status and decided to check it out. i had no idea you have put this all together, very inspiring i must say. your city life does sound like a lot of fun with 1 baby (i'm not sure how i would wrangle it with a 5 and 1 year old)) i will have to find some quiet time (and a glass of wine) and browse through all your blogs! hope you are having a wonderful day and ben is being a good baby for you.

June 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM  
janet said...

I had one of these Andrea and it was awesome!! I loved not worrying about the girls choking on stuff and they could try out "big" ppl food!! I love your little blog here!! keep it up

June 17, 2009 at 3:27 PM  
Unknown said...

Hey Anonymous... One baby does make city living easier but I am constantly surprised to see so many families in our area with multiple children! It is just a different type of life for sure and you have to constantly get rid of old stuff.
I saw another city mama pushing two children in a stroller and slinging the third to get around. One nurse that I work with has a total 4 children and her husband living in a townhouse near us. You just might have to share a bedroom though ;)

June 17, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Sister Sarah said...

I agree the safe feeder is a great Mommy tool!My only gripe is how gross the mesh bag looks (ours is stained a lovely tan colour now)...after repeat washings of course! Replacement bags would be nice. It looks like your's is still in mint condition so it seems you don't have this problem.

Something you might want to feature is something I'm sure you weren't planning on putting in your lovely apartment pre-baby...the EXERSAUCER!!

June 17, 2009 at 6:13 PM  
Alex said...

I agree -- the mesh bags should be cheap and available or they should include like 10 of them with the feeder and charge a bit more. Nothing is worse than forgetting to wash the mesh right after using it... bananas and blueberries and most things will give it a tinge if left in too long.

It is a cool idea though and props to a clever dad for thinking of it. Also we read somewhere recently that nursing homes are using the same feeder for stroke patients and others with disabilities and difficulty eating!

June 18, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails